Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Mads: She's Like so Whatever

My Boston friend and I were taking a slack day, when that damn Avril Lavigne song came on the TV. As such, I had the bastard in my head all day. I needed to do something about it.

"All right, get off the couch."

"Why?"

"I need to do something about this damned 'Girlfriend' song."

"What do you intend to do?"

"You'll see."

We went to a karaoke bar frequented by visiting Japanese businessmen. It had naked women on tables with guys eating sushi off them, and TVs with videos of Japanese women in school girl outfits eating crap and getting done by like five guys and what not. I filled out my karaoke card and we waited.

"Nice place you got here, Mads."

My Boston friend lit a cigarette and shook his head at me. My name was called.

I performed the hell out of the song. I jumped on tables, straddled the girls the sushi was being eaten off of and sang in their faces; at one point I grabbed a Japanese businessman by his tie and pulled him close to me.

"She's like, so whatever... you can do so much better..."

"You right, I can do so muht bettur."

No comments: