Friday, March 28, 2008

The Chick Part

After the whole King of Slide Shows debacle, Mads, my Norwegian companion, and I decided we needed a night out together, so we went to our favorite Ethiopian restaurant, Addis Red Sea.

"Yeah," I said. "So I had this dream last night where I was hanging out with some people and I was singing Pet Shop Boys' 'What Have I Done to Deserve This', and Parker Posey was there, and she hit me with her shoe to get me to stop. It was done in jest, but it still hurt."

"Were you singing the chick part?"

"What other part is there? Since you went away...."

"Yeah, I know it." He took a bite of food from his pancake. "But you could've been singing the What've I, What've I, What've I done to deserve this part. That would make sense too."

"But would it illicit an even-in-jest shoe toss?"

"I guess you're right."

I can't even try... to act like I don't like your vibe...

"Whoa," I said. "Is that Mike Phillips?"

"I think so, featuring that other guy."

"Yeah, the other guy... why would they playing that here?"

We called over the waitress. Apparently she's a huge Philly soul fan. Who knew?

No comments: