Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Mads: Peter Weller

People often ask me: Mads, do you have any Man Crushes? Well, beyond the obvious like Didier Drogba and Tom Brady, I do have one. You may know him as Robocop, but I know him better as Peter Weller. He is the coolest man I know of. Not only does he make any bad action movie good by his mere presence, but he also is a history professor with a PhD who contributes to History Channel documentaries. This man is my idol.

I just saw a film recently called The Hard Easy which starred the guy from E.T. and the guy from Angel and the film makers were in over their head when they cast Weller. They did great at the beginning, giving him great one-liners as he plotted a diamond heist. But they didn't know how to wrap it up. They had him shot in the heart in some kind of goofy send-up after the heist went bad. Dumb. They needed Weller having a one-on-one showdown with co-star Gary Busey. That would've been an ending.

I'd like to make my own movie someday with Weller and Didier Drogba. I wouldn't make the mistakes other film makers have. Weller would get his due. Maybe it would be an Indiana Jones rip-off, with Weller as a famous history professor seeking out some kind of adventure. And Drogba's his right-hand man. A guy can dream, right?

No comments: