Friday, March 28, 2008

Mads: My Von Dutch Trucker Hat

Capriciousness is nothing new to me. I spend money on and do whatever I feel like usually. But just the same, I'd say my one regret, of all the crazy stuff I've done, was my buying a lot of Von Dutch trucker hats.

At $45 a pop, it doesn't sound like much of an investment, but considering I bought hundreds of them in all kinds of colors and styles, things get hairy. Of course, it was only a matter of time, and the market dropped: the Von Dutch trucker hat was hopelessly out of fashion. I'd wasted more money on more frivolous things before, but I think nothing hurt like this. I mean I had a closet full of these things, but I didn't want to wear them for fear of looking like a tool.

No one wants to look like a tool. Just ask Rocco Despireto (sp?).

No comments: