Friday, March 28, 2008

Whaddaya Think?

I was sitting on a bench at the Harvard Square T station the other day, when a man who looked an awful lot like Brian Dennehy sat down next to me. I tried to ignore him while I read my book, Paul Bowles' The Sheltering Sky, which I started reading because Matty called out Mads the other day, saying a traveling tale of his was a fabrication lifted from the post World War II novel.

"So," he said, "waddaya think?"

I looked up. He nodded his head in the direction of an old Asian woman bending down to get something out of one of her myriad bags.

"Not bad, huh?" I shook my head incredulously. "Believe me, at my age, you gotta take what you can get, and nothing's better than an old Asian woman. They're minxes in the sack."

"Dude, you're Brian Dennehy. You can get tons of chicks."

"Who told you I was Brian Dennehy?"

No comments: