Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Hube on Decision '06

It didn't take long for good old Hube to get a hold of me after the Dems took the House and Senate. I met him at a coffee shop where a folk singer was performing.

"I'm sure you've heard the news."

"I have, Hube, I have."

"I think I got this in the bag. I mean look, the country has had it with the Republicans, but who is really going to run in '08? Clinton? Obama? Please. I have the credentials. And you know, that Pelosi woman is hot. She's not so bad looking for 60-plus, no?"

"Well, it depends on who you're comparing her to. I mean, Hube, you don't look so bad for a 95 year-old man who's been dead for 28 years. You don't look a day over 65."

"I bet that'll play well on the coasts. In the heartland, though, I gotta be more affable."

"Should we work on your exploratory committee?"

"Do we have the cash for that?"

"My niece has been out there raising cash. We'll be all set."

"Then do it. Now let's chill out and listen to this song. Went down to nazereth, was feelin' 'bout half-past dead..."

He was right. 28 years after his death the country was ripe for his candidacy.

No comments: