Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Looks Like Me, Eh?

I was taking a load off at Penang's in Chinatown with Gwen, the Cappie, when I saw a dude who looked just like me. He was dressed well and walked with a dude of Scandanavian ethnicity. I excused myself from Gwen for a second so I could talk to him. He seemed a little put off by me too.

"God, you look like me," he said.

"No, you look like me. I was here first."

We laughed, and introduced ourselves.

"And this is Hannu, my Finnish companion."

"What? Your Finnish companion?"

"Yeah, why, is that a problem?"

"Uh... no, no problem."

He was from Vancouver, but that was the only discernable difference between us. We had all the same tastes, all the same habits. When he explained what his status was in Vancouver, I believed him, if only because it was the same status I held here in Boston. Gwen came out of the restaurant with our doggy bags.

"Gwen, this is the Vancouver me, and his Finnish companion, Hannu."

"Did you tell him you lost your Norwegian companion recently?" She said.

"We can discuss that later."

No comments: