Sunday, April 13, 2008

Franchise

I came back to my apartment the other day to find Mads, my Norwegian companion, perusing the Internet on his laptop.

"When did you get a lap top?" I said.

"I needed it so I could look this up on the Internet."

"You didn't want to use my computer?"

"What?"

"Nevermind. What're looking at?"

"McDonald's franchise information. I'm thinking of owning one."

"Did you talk to The Mayor?"

"What?"

"The Mayor... did you ask his advice?"

"He's gone AWOL."

"AWOL?"

"Yeah, after that 'We're into nuggets y'all' commercial, he had a falling out with Ronald and no one's heard from him since."

"Wow. I didn't know that."

"I thought you did."

"Well, I didn't. Anyway, where do you plan on opening a McDonald's?"

"I don't know. I just liked the idea of having my own, you know, where I can go and get stuff whenever I want. I don't really care if it's not successful and I'm hemorrhaging cash."

"Yeah, I can see that."

No comments: