Friday, April 18, 2008

Mads: It's Okay, I'm With Corporate

I was eating at McDonald’s the other day with my Boston friend and Matty, his personal biographer, when I realized my Big Mac wasn’t made properly.

"This is an outrage," I said. "I’m going to go back there and make this right."

So I jumped the counter and pushed the dude out of the way that was constructing the burgers. There was the perfunctory protest from the manager asking me what I was doing, so I showed him my card and let him know:

"It’s okay, I’m with corporate."

It works everytime, and I was allowed my chance to demonstrate to these nervous teenagers how one constructs a proper Big Mac.

I went back to our table.

"Now come on," I said. "That’s gotta be cool enough to keep me from being shipped out to the Branch Office."

"I don’t think so," Matty said. "It was kind of old hat for you."

No comments: