Sunday, April 13, 2008

Mads' McDonald's

I found out the next day what Mads, my Norwegian companion, had in store for his two eldest children. When me and Matty went to his McDonald's, we found the two of them donning visors and working registers.

I usually order a number one, the Big Mac meal. I was in the process of telling Nadia that, when I heard Matty ask Aidan if they really had pan seared fois. I looked at the menu behind the counter, and saw listed as number four on the value meals, pan seared fois with fries and a drink for $9.88. He also had wasabi crusted Ahi tuna. I went back to see Mads to find out what was going on. I bumped into celebrity chef Mario Batali rolling fresh pasta.

"Mads, what's going on?"

"Hey, good buddy, I'm glad you could make it. NADIA! Don't charge this man! Here, have a seat. Tell me what you think so far?"

"Pan seared fois?"

"Pretty sweet, huh? I got a local food distribution center that specializes in fine dining to hook me up. And look at this:" It was a sea foam green cardboard hinged container with the McDonald's logo on it. It was for his fois to go in for the customers.

"So what'll you have, ol' buddy?"

"Give me a number one."

"Good choice."

I took a seat in a booth with Matty, who had ordered the fois meal, large.

No comments: