Sunday, April 13, 2008

Jodie Foster

Mads, my Norwegian companion, and I saw some horrible movie the other day where Jodie Foster took the law into her own hands.

"When was the last good movie Jodie Foster did?" I said.

"That's a tough one. Could it be Silence of the Lambs?"

"Wow, that came out a while ago. Why is she still presented to us like some must-see actress then? She's used up that credibility long ago I'd assume."

"I wouldn't be so sure. Think of her as the female Nicolas Cage, only she's yet to realize it herself. Maybe when she does, she'll go back and do poignant indie flick that'll garner critical acclaim."

"Good point. Only she's way worse than Cage. I'd rather watch a guy who solely by the virtue of his being psychic also has lightning quick reflexes, than a ridiculous woman running around a plane hitting people with a fire extinguisher and yelling Where's Julia!"

"You talking 'bout Flightplan? God that sucked."

"Where's Julia! Where's Julia!"

"Okay, stop it."

"Where's Julia!"

He shook his head. Then we both sat on the subway in silence for a few minutes, before he had an idea.

"I figured out a movie she did since Silence of the Lambs that was good."

"Okay?"

"The Dangerous Lives of Alter Boys. She played a nun."

"So she's already done the indie flick that's supposed to save her from Cage-dom?"

"I guess she'll need to do another..."

No comments: