Sunday, April 13, 2008

Who Likes Fall Out Boy?

Mads, my Norwegian companion, was still on his McDonald's franchise kick, so we went to the one at Faneuil Hall with Matty, my personal biographer, who was in town with his adopted son, Goodtimes, so Mads could do a little research.

After we got our food, we sat in a booth. I was nodding my head to the song playing above us.

"This song is pretty hot: thanks for the memories, thanks for the memories..."

Mads and Matty looked at each other.

"You're serious?"

"Why?"

"This is Fall Out Boy," Mads said.

"So."

"So, they suck."

"Whatever."

"Hey, do they do that everything is all right song?" Matty said.

"I think that's Motion City Soundtrack."

"Same difference."

"Whatever."

"I'm just sayin'. Man, I remember hearing that song at a strip club."

"Everything is all right?"

"Yeah."

"What is that song called, anyway?"

"I think it's 'Everything is All Right'."

"Oh, that's easy."

"Remember when they used that song on Laguna Beach?"

"No."

"Jason and his friends were playing golf. It was when he was dating Alex, but hooking up with Jessica again."

"Oh, right before Cabo?"

"Yeah."

"Yeah, I remember that."

"Hey, how did we start talking about this?"

No comments: