Thursday, July 19, 2007

Executive Privilege

Hubert Humphrey, still alive in the race for the Democratic presidential nomination, made an appearance on Keith Olbermann's show. It wasn't so bad. He interviewed us via satellite from a local roller skating rink.

"Senator Humphrey," Olbermann said. "The current president has been invoking Executive Privilege recently, for a whole host of reasons, some extremely frivolous. If you were president, under what circumstance, if ever, would you invoke this privilege?"

"Well, would invoking the privilege make me look like a dick?"

"Excuse me?"

"A dick, you know... when I was vice president, as I'm sure you're aware Mr. Olbermann, the man holding the office of president, LBJ, was something of a dick..."

Keith chuckled.

"Yes, I remember that."

"Well, I'd like to avoid being a dick as much as possible. I know sometimes as a president you gotta be one, I just only wanna be one when I have to."


Keith went to say something, when he was interrupted by music starting in the background to signal a couples skate.

"Oh, that's my joint right there," Hubert said.

"What? The Jets 'Let's Make it Real' is your joint?"

"You know it, Keith. If you were here right now, I'd totally slow dance with you."

Keith cut to commercial.

No comments: