Thursday, July 12, 2007

Mads: A Love Grown Cold

I sat in my suite, as Kansas's "Dust in the Wind" played overhead, and watched a montage of clips of things Abdul Karim and I did. There was a knock at the door. It was Juglass and the Ant Man. They had some camping equipment all packed up in their arms.

"Hey, we're gonna hit the road. We're sorry about your friend."

"It's okay, Juglass. He needed to be written out of the plot anyway."

His dad stopped in.

"Hey, can we take any of that in our car? We have extra space."

They handed him some stuff. Juglass went over to the empty rabbit cage on the other side of the room. The Ant Man pulled out a wad of cash.

"Where'd you get that?"

"I won it in an Internet poker tournament last night," Juglass said.

"Not bad."

There was a spit take behind me.

"Jesus, these rabbit pellets are stale."

"No shit Sherlock, I killed the rabbit two months ago when it was fat enough to make my Rabbit in Barolo Wine Sauce dish."

We said our goodbyes, and they left.

No comments: