Thursday, July 12, 2007

Mads: Showdown in Regular Rio

When I got back to my suite, I made a drink and slumped down in my chair. I found a rerun of Sanford and Son, and figured I'd use that to lower my blood pressure after had just transpired. I was wrong.

Juglass and the Ant Man were at my door again.

"Come on. We got word on the whereabouts of the kingpin-- the man we've been chasing the whole time."

Ant Man hit play on a boom box, and Foreigner's "I Wanna Know What Love Is" started. I wasn't really sure what to do. There was a montage of clips of Juglass and the Ant Man readying their arms, putting on war paint, and tying bandanas on their foreheads. I made myself another drink.

The song continued as we drove silently in Juglass' Subaru wagon to the docks. There were a bunch of Uzi toting bad guys manning some ship, and I knew this was our target. I kind of stayed behind while they made their way to the man they termed The Kingpin. I thought I could avoid any danger, but I was stuck with an Asian stereotype dude wielding some weirdly shaped knives. He slashed me a couple times, and even though it hurt, it didn't seem to affect my ability to attack him. I managed to get him to the ground, where I broke his arm with a jiu-jitsu move.

When I finally made it to the control room of the boat, I saw the Ant Man and Juglass holding some minotaur like creature at gun point. The thing looked like a sports mascot, and he had the name "T-Bone" on the back of his jersey. Ant Man kept saying things to Juglass, and Juglass was holding his sawed-off in T-Bone's face, shaking violently. I stepped in.

"Hey, Juglass, do you need a candy bar or something."

"This man embarrassed me at the AHL All-Star Game."

No comments: