Thursday, July 12, 2007

Mads: Corey Feldman as Che Guevara

I looked around my suite one last time. There was nothing left for me here in Rio, and it was time to move on. I went through a stack of invitations to see where I might go next. My Boston friend had sent me one for his 200th Blog Spectacular. That sounded like fun to me. But I had a Giant Sized 50th Blog of my own to do first.

I hopped in a plane and flew out to Cuba. Being that I'm a Norwegian citizen, the trade embargo doesn't affect me, so I can spend as much cash as I want there. I checked in at a nice beachside resort, the kind they don't let the natives into, and shot down to the bar.

I didn't even notice that I was wearing my Corey Feldman as Che Guevara T-Shirt. With things being as hectic as they were the past few days, it's no surprise. Just the same, no one thought it was funny, and I ended up in jail.

After a day, I was taken from my cell and put into a state limo. Something was up, and I was a little leery. Would Norway recognize my existence and bail me out? It turned out I wouldn't need them. We went to a huge mansion, and some soldiers took me into a large recreational room, where Castro and Venezuelan president Hugo Chavez were smoking cigars. They took one look at my shirt, and laughed hysterically.

No comments: