Thursday, July 12, 2007

Wings Hauser Sighting

I was watching some 90210 on SOAPNet. It was the episodes where Dylan needed to get his money back from the family that scammed him. Those, of course, have Wings Hauser in them.

So I stop by the Ramrod after to see some friends, and what do you know, there's Wings at the bar. I went to shake his hand, but he was ranting and raving about something.

"I know a rule's a rule," he said. "But God damn it! You can't suspend Amare for a game, it taints the series!"

Everyone around him looked scared. He grabbed a skinny gay guy by his oversized polo shirt collar.

"The Spurs were the one who should be punished! Horry's the one who threw the hip check!"

I wondered if I should call the cops. But that was unnecessary. At that same moment, David Stern walked into the bar.

"Wings, I'm not sure what you're complaining about. Amare knows the rule. If you leave the bench during an altercation, it's one game."

"But your series will be decided by undeserved suspensions."

"Now you stop it. If those suspensions impact the series, it'll be Amare's fault, because he knew the rule, and he broke it. Don't be glib."

"I'm sorry, you're right..."

Wings went over and hugged him. I felt my pulse slow considerably. It was going to be a nice afternoon after all.

No comments: