Thursday, July 12, 2007

Mads: Game, Set, Match... ish

What a mess. None of us really planned out this meeting with the baddies well. Now I was hiding under a table, dodging stray bullets.

The idea was simple: I'd meet the guys at a restaurant, undercover cops would play fellow patrons, and Juglass would play our waiter. The Ant Man stayed behind in a van, listening in. I'd hint at this or that, and try to trap the bad guys into incriminating themselves.

My buddy Fred and some angry looking man came in and sat at my table. We did our introductions and how-you-beens, and then Juglass came and took our orders.

"Can I start you guys off with something to drink?"

"A TNT," I said.

"Manhattan," Fred said.

"A Blue Moon with a slice of orange," the other guy said.

"You sure you want an orange in your beer?" Juglass said. "Wouldn't you want a lemon?"

"No, it tastes better with an orange."

"Um, Okaaaay..."

"What're you, patronizing me?"

"Hey," I said. "Just take it off his TAT* number."

But it was too late. An all out ballroom blitz ensued. I dove behind a table. From what I could see, it was pretty crazy. Ant Man ran in, and with his superhuman strength and ant-like reflexes, he was throwing furniture and people around. Juglass was dispatching as many as he could with his frisbee and a set of darts he found behind the bar.

What a day...

*TAT= Total Adjusted Tip, a numerical system used to determine a waitperson's tip based on overall service.

No comments: