Thursday, July 12, 2007

Mayor McCheese: Michelle Wie

There have been reports lately that women's golf phenom Michelle Wie has been less than friendly at the pro-am down here at Bulle Rock before the McDonald's LPGA Championship. I can tell you first hand that this is true, yet not true.

I did my work for the company along with my other McDonaldland characters as caddies for the Wie group. I watched as the people who paid thousands of dollars tried to engage her in conversation, and I watched as she seemingly rebuffed their attempts.

This was not exactly the case though. My time on the streets has given me life experiences the average rich businessman paying to play with Wie in a pro-am will never dream of. One of those is in seeing teenage prostitutes. Like Wie, they're very young, interact only with adults, and are told how to think and what to do by their pimps. We can't be surprised that Wie's difficult to talk to when she has no idea how to properly communicate.

I invited her out to have a milkshake with Grimace and me afterwards, but she declined, saying Nike and her dad wouldn't like that.

No comments: