Thursday, July 19, 2007

Jonathan Frakes

Gwen, the Cappie, told me her sister ran a bed and breakfast in Belfast, ME. I'd never been there before, so I thought I'd give it a try.

The first thing we did was grab a pizza some place called Alexei's or something. I was kind of annoyed when this chubby older guy bumped me in line. He was apologetic, so I let it go. Then Gwen got antsy.

"That's... th-th-that's..."

"What? It's what?"

"He's..."

This weird smile popped up through chubby guy's salt-and-pepper beard. He held out his hand.

"Jonathan Frakes, don't you remember me?"

I racked my brain. How could I know this guy? Wait, did he say Jonathan Frakes?

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry," I said. "Yes, I remember you."

"How is your Norwegian companion? He was in pretty bad shape from what I remember."

He laughed and slapped me on the back.

"Yeah, Mads and Jaeger isn't good."

Well, needless to say, Gwen was shocked that not only did we bump into Jonathan Frakes, but that I knew him from a party Patrick Stweart threw a long time ago. So long ago, in fact, that I didn't recognize the inflated version of Cmdr. William Riker sitting in front of me. He invited us over to lobsters with his wife, Laura of Luke and Laura fame. It was kind of annoying, because Gwen acted like a fool around him the whole time. It was worse than when I introduced her to Stan Lee.

No comments: