Monday, July 30, 2007

Harry Potter

Gwen, the Cappie, came out of my room dressed like a twelve year-old.

"What're you doing, getting extra work as a decoy on To Catch a Predator?"

"No, I'm [don't remember] from the Harry Potter books. I'm going to the midnight release."

"You read Harry Potter? How old are you?"

"It's not just a kid's book. It has adult themes in it."

"No it doesn't. That's just what adults tell themselves when they read kid's books or watch movies like Finding Nemo. There are plenty of books that are well written by adults for adults. I can understand someone who hasn't read anything substantial telling me something stupid like that, but you've read Tolstoy, for God's sake, you should know better."

She shook her head.

"Well, are you coming with me or not?"

I had to admit she looked hot in her little outfit, so I relented.

"Now, you're not going to be a crab the whole time, are you?" She said.

No comments: