Monday, April 30, 2007

Cave Men

I woke up at 3am in a daze after a night of coke and Chivas Regal. I focused my eyes on the TV in front of me. The show was a roundtable discussion on the Geico cave men commercials.

"So, is it your contention that the Geico advertisers feel that Neanderthals were killed of by cro-magnon, as opposed to assimilated."

"Yes, and I feel that is the correct assertion."

"Are you crazy? You're telling me that Neanderthal and Cro-magnon were so disperate that interbreeding was impossible."

"I am saying that very thing, and I believe the Geico commercials do a great disservice to their own contention by joking that Neanderthal could not only possibly have lived to modern day, but are also thriving."

I had a headache. I turned to Richard Belzer, who somehow had made it into my house.

"Dude, get the hell out of here."

No comments: