Sunday, April 29, 2007

Mads: Close Call

Oklahoma went to Oregon during Separaton Saturday. It was one of the closer match-ups of the weekend. I had a hunch Oregon may take that game, so I took tons of action on campus. The funny thing is that these people are so obsessed with their team that they were giving me two-to-one odds. I was loving it.

Until the game. It was bad: Oklahoma was up almost two touchdowns with a little over three minutes to go. That's when the Ducks scored. Oh man, onside kick. If the Duck's could recover it, I was golden.

I had a friend working on the technical crew or whatever at the stadium in Oregon, and I told him if he helped me out, I'd shoot him some of the action. Well, I ended up needing to give him 50% of my take because of how big he came through. Oregon recovered the onside kick, but on the replay, everyone could see that they illegally touched the ball before it had traveled ten yards. Everyone could see it, except the replay offcial. He didn't get the views that were clear cut because of my friend, so he had to let the play stand. Oregon then scored the go-ahead touchdown, blocked a potential gamesaving fieldgoal by the Sooners, and I was rich, bi-otch.

People tried to dispute the result, considering the Pac-10 suspended the officials that worked the game. It was hard getting the money, but eventually I pulled in 90% of what I was owed, and made the other ten percent's lives a living hell for not paying me. Apparently the meatheads here in Norman have been calling the replay official with deaththreats. Sucks to be him.

No comments: