Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Slumber Party...

I bumped into my neighbor Jody coming out of the elevator. We exchanged pleasentries, discussed our days' events and all that jazz. Then she mentioned that she and a few of her girls were having a slumber party that Friday while her son was staying with his father. She asked if Mads, my Norwegian companion, and I were interested in coming. Nice, I thought, she must be feeling the same way about me that I do about her. This was my big chance to make my move. I mean, come on, "slumber party" can only mean one thing, right?

So Mads and I went over that Friday, me sporting my Brooks Brothers powder blue pajamas, and Mads wearing a new Bedhead outfit we picked out that day at Saks. We were hot, no doubt.

Things went from great to even better as the night went on and the girls drank more alcohol. I did Jody's hair for her, and Mads interestingly enough has a real aptitude for doing home hi-lights-- at least the girls were happy with the job he did on their hair.

The atmosphere changed slightly, though, when the girls were talking about what celebrities they found most attractive. When asked, Mads said his celebrity crush was Katie Couric. They laughed, then said no, seriously guys. I said mine was Julia Stiles, and the girls decided we weren't being serious at all.

Anyway, the night ended, and the girls laid out the sleeping bags, with us sleeping in between them. Jody immediately cuddled up with me. It was only a matter of time, I thought. About twenty minutes after the lights were out, I made my move. I reached in for some boob, and she seemed cool with it. I found out later that was the alcohol talking. When I went further, she shot up out of the blankets.

"Oh my God, I thought you were GAY!"

"Why would you think that? I don't do anything gay, do I?"

"The clothes, the cooking, you go to gay bars, you watch Project Runway... Mads, your Norwegian companion? Why wouldn't we think you're gay?"

"'Cause I do chicks. Isn't that enough?"

Apparently it wasn't. Well, actually, it was for that night, because she was drunk enough; but things were sorta kinda awkward after that.

1 comment:

Monkey and banana said...

This is hilarious. What if you came up to her and said that now that you've been thinking, you are probably gay and that's her fault...