Saturday, April 21, 2007

Freddy's Hot!

I got together with some people recently and we watched the first five Nightmare on Elms Streets in one night. Of course I had my perfunctory Freddy dream the next afternoon when I went to sleep.

It started out inauspiciously enough. I was in some kind of darkened boiler room that I couldn't find my way out of. Next thing I knew Katie Couric was next to me taking me down a corridor. That's when Freddy attacked. He slashed at me, but the knives on his fingers broke.

"These've gotta be the cheapest knives I've ever seen. Conan, these are the kinda things advertised at 2 in the mornin' when your show's on."

I heard a studio audience laughing. Freddy was Regis Philbin, and he thought I was Conan O'Brian. I went to say hello, but he stabbed me right in the stomach.

I woke up, and found myself lying on the couch in pain. It was that Dominican food I'd eaten making it way through my system. As I stood up, I looked at the TV. It was an old episode of Conan I'd TiVoed with Regis Philbin as his guest.

"You're out of control!" He said.

I paused the TV and ran to the bathroom. This was potentially the worst case of Dehli Belly ever.

No comments: