Sunday, April 29, 2007

Macho Man

Bob Tuesday the Betting Man was in town a little while ago. The man gambles on everything, but a lot of his wagers are more like challenges. I bet you can't do such and such better than me... shit like that.

That's what happened this time. We went out to eat, and after a some talking, he finally came out with it:

"I bet you can't make a better short video set to the Village People's 'Macho Man' than I can."

I assumed he already had a video idea in mind, that's why he'd pick an obscure challenge like that. What he didn't know was that I believe anything is funny when set to 'Macho Man', and it would just take a little ingenuity on my part to win this.

"Who's judging?"

"A panel of film and comedy experts. We got Richard Roeper, Martin Lawrence, and Screech."

"Okay, and what's the wager?"

"Fifty G's."

"All right, I got you baby."

First, I found two male volunteers. Second, I rented a zebra suit and a bear suit for them to wear. Finally, I got me a camera and took them to the mall. I taped them conversing with other patrons, shopping for clothes and power tools, and had them order food. I edited it down so that it fit with the song. I was all set.

Luckily Bob Tuesday the Betting Man had some over done idea of using clips of Arnold Schwarzenegger working out and doing Japanese commercials. I won easily. You've got be to be really good to beat a zebra and a bear shopping at the mall set to 'Macho Man'. Leave the Schwarzenegger jokes to a pro like Conan. I don't make the rules, Bobby baby, I just follow them.

No comments: