Sunday, April 29, 2007

The Joker Intern Scandal

With all this talk about the Foley page scandal, I thought back to one that I remember being particularly appalling: the Joker Intern Scandal. On the show back in the 60s, they thought it would be funny if a kid was hired to work as the Joker's intern. Here's a few of the more disturbing exchanges:

Intern shows up with a messy stack of papers.

"Here's my report, sir..."

"Whoa, looks like you got yourself quite a boner there kid."

Joker tells kid about plot to get Batman.

"Oh, boy, you're going to have a time with a gay old man."

[Editors note: I believe the actual statement was: You're going to have a gay old time, my man.]

Batman lectures the kid after.

"Maybe next time you'll work for commissioner Gordon."

"He already asked me. I probably won't have the boner I had with the Joker."

Yeah, it was disgusting. I have it on tape somewhere.

No comments: