Monday, April 30, 2007

We Can Win This

I had another get-together with Hubert Humphrey a couple days ago. We met at an almost empty bar at 11 in the morning. The only other person there was a large bald man who was looking through about a month's worth of mail. "What About Love", by Heart was playing on the juke box.

"Whataya think of this Foley thing, huh?"

"It's crazy Hube, it's crazy."

"The time is ripe for me. The Republicans are imploding, and the Democrats still have no one able to win an election. I'm the best option this country has right now."

"And that ain't sayin' much."

"What?"

"Sorry, I was just singing along to Heart. So what did you bring me down here for?"

"I'm thinking of making my first public appearence. What do you think?"

"Something not too conspicuous. Maybe a Bruins game. They play Calgary at the Garden Thursday, you want in?"

"Yeah, I'm a huge Jerome Iginla fan. All right, set it up."

"You got it, fucker. Hey, me and a couple a' guys are watching both of the Dream a Little Dreams tonight. You want in?"

"Corey Feldman? Hell yeah!"

No comments: