Sunday, June 17, 2007

Almost Ted Lange

I was riding on a plane back from Paris, and it had just landed, and as we were standing to gather our belongings and disembark, I saw a man about ten rows in front of me who looked like Ted Lange, the man who played Isaac the Bartender on The Love Boat.

As I debated whether or not it was him without staring too much (staring is frowned upon, of course), he disappeared. I figured I'd lost my chance at meeting one of my idols. But what would I have said if I did meet him? Do that point thing you always did in the opening credits? Oh God, he must get that all the time, and besides, he isn't a wind-up toy... I have no right to expect him to perform on command.

I shrugged my shoulders and went back to the paper. Geez, they really dumped Imus. Not for that ridiculous luxury ranch he lives in and uses as a tax write-off because he makes kids with cancer paint it for him, but for a racist remark. Maybe he should've listened when that psychic pulled the Wheel of Fortune card when she did his reading.

No comments: