Sunday, June 17, 2007

Soul II Soul Tour

I couldn't believe it. One year ago at about this time, I saw listed on Foxboro Stadium's upcoming events list the Soul II Soul tour. I was so stoked. Soul II Soul was one of my all time fav groups: I mean my vinyl copy of Club Classics Vol. 1 was so worn I had to retire it and buy another. They were that hot.

So I bought my ticket, and the whole way there I was blasting "Back to Life" in my iPod. Then it happened.

That's right, the Soul II Soul tour was a pop country act. It wasn't even good enough to feature Willie Nelson and Johnny Cash. I was so mad, I took the two singers (I don't remember their names now) to small claims court. They offered to settle for $1200, and though I didn't want to take it, I had to when I found out the court date conflicted with a scheduled trip to Fiji.

Apparently they haven't learned anything from last year's experience, because the two singers are touring again under the name Soul II Soul. What dorks.

No comments: