Sunday, June 17, 2007

Who Sings "Electric Blue"?

Hubert Humphrey and I were having a bite to eat, discussing recent campaign developements. Overhead, Icehouse's "Electric Blue" was playing, and two husky men in the booth behind us were having an arguement about it.

"No way, this song was done when Lou Gramm was with Foreigner. I know, it was on the album with 'I Don't Want to Live Without You'."

"No way, dude. It was when he was solo. It was on that album that had that 'Just Between You and Me' song."

I held a finger up to Hube, and he nodded. I turned to the boys behind me.

"If I may interject, fellas, but this song has absolutely nothing to do with Foreigner or Lou Gramm. It was done by an Australian band Icehouse. In fact, the song was co-written by John Oates of Hall and Oates fame."

They seemed none too convinced, until the song ended and the DJ proved me right. I gave them a thumbs up and turned around. I wanted some more fries, but found my container wanting. I looked up. Hubert had a mouth full of my fries.

"Dude, that was way weak."

He shrugged his shoulders and continued chewing.

No comments: