Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Prosciutto Happiness

Gwen, the Cappie, told me the new Will Smith movie, Pursuit of Happyness, is supposed to be great.

"Prosciutto Happiness?"

"No, pursuit, what the hell is Prosciutto Happiness?"

"It's a movie that's coming out in limited release about an Italian chef and his three daughters."

"No it isn't, you're making that up."

"And you're making up the fact that a paint-by-numbers, rags-to-riches, tug-at-the-heartstrings, annoy-the-piss-out-of-me Will Smith vehicle is considered anything more than that by any self-respecting film critic."

I was wrong, Richard Roeper said it was good, so we went. And he was wrong... dead wrong. I had to take three showers after watching it, it was that bad.

Of course, I was wrong about Prosciutto Happiness as well. Just because a film's in Italian doesn't mean it's Fellini. Gwen and I gave up and watched my copy of Chronicles of Riddick on DVD; the original, not the Director's Cut.

No comments: