Sunday, June 17, 2007

Mayor McCheese: Who Robs a Post Office?

I had just taken another bong hit, when my phone blew up. Hamburglar answered it.

"Who is it?"

"Robble robble."

Birdie? At this time of night? That can't be good. I took the phone.

"Mayor?"

"Yeah, it's me."

"Look, it's not my fault. I'm in jail."

"What happened?... Forget it. I'll just come down and bail you out."

At the station, I found out the whole story. Birdie was pregnant, and she and the baby's father decided to make a little cash robbing a post office. They were arrested.

"If you needed the cash, why didn't you come to me? I'd've helped you out."

"I just wasn't thinking. Please, don't tell Ronald."

"What makes you think he won't find out eventually?"

"I don't know... are you gonna bail out Trevor too?"

"That the baby's father?"

"Yeah."

"What? You cannot be serious!"

"What are you, John McEnroe?"

"No... no, I'm not. I'm sorry... you didn't deserve that..."

No comments: