Thursday, June 7, 2007

Men's Pairs Luge

I noticed Fox Sports Net had luge on the other day, and I decided to watch it. I'd seen highlights before on Winter Olympics past, but never an actual event.

Was I in for a surprise. They have men's pairs. That's right, two men, one sled. You do the math. They were just lying on top of each other.

Now I'm 36 years old, closing in on 37, and I like to think of myself as rather mature for my age. Dick and fart jokes just aren't doing it anymore, and I'm secure enough in my sexuality to not feel uncomfortable when a couple of dudes hold hands. But I don't know, this just seemed gay.

I talked to a representative of the US Luging Association (USLA), and they told me I needed to grow up. I decided I had to cut to the chase: I called in a homosexual.

It just so happened that Kyan from Queer Eye was in town. I had him come up to my apartment and give it a look.

"So, what do you think."

"Gay. No doubt about it: gay."

No comments: