Thursday, June 7, 2007

He Voted for Antonella 76 Times

Matty the Mainer was in town last night to watch a little Idol with us. He had a ton of Cingular roll over minutes to use, so he wanted to vote for Antonella, because he thought she was the worst. I think he got the idea on voteforetheworst.com.

"So you're trying to skew the results by voting as much as possible for the worst, even if there are better singers who deserve your vote more?"

"No, don't be so cynical."

"Okay, indulge me with you reasoning, I want to hear this."

"It's simple, Deep Cheeks: America is all about the underdog, right?"

"Okay."

"Well, what's great about Idol is that we don't only get to root for the underdog, we get a chance to help the underdog out. What could be more beautiful? I'm not voting for Antonella because I think it'd be funny to keep her around. I'm voting for her because I'm pulling for her. I believe in her."

I looked at him for a second.

"You're full of shit, you know that?"

"Whatever. Did you TiVo Monday's episode of The Hills?"

"Yep."

"Then let's pop it on. I want to see what happens when Lauren's friend hooks up with Brodie. And that Audrina's hot."

"True 'dat."

No comments: