Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Mads: Tony Farini: Door-to-Door Cheese Salesman

Abdul Karim and I were playing a little 2006 FIFA World Cup the other day, and he was giving my Norway team the business with Iran, when we heard a knock at the door.

"Hello?"

"Hi, how are you today? I'm Tony Farini."

He put out his hand for a shake, while his other held a rain coat and briefcase. He was a thin Italian man with a slight New York accent. He wore a slim gray suit and a fedora.

"I'm Mads, and this is Abdul Karim. What can we do for you?"

"It's not what you can do for me, but rather what I can do for you."

Turns out he was a door-to-door cheese salesman. I can't lie, his marscapone was to die for, and I put in an order for a case of it to make some tiramisu. He also had a half-pound of some 6-year aged parm that I could buy right then, and I didn't hesitate. Abdul ran out and grabbed a Cab Sav and two hotties that worked at the local McDonald's. Tony Farini, the door-to-door cheese salesman, saved our night.

One of the girls was a huge Barry Manilow fan, and I still have "Mandy" in my head.

No comments: