Tuesday, June 5, 2007

I've Had Just About Enough of Boise State

Anyone involved in a Big XII fantasy league like I was could tell you that the conference was down this year, and so it wasn't necessarily a surprise that Boise got over on the Sooners (even though Texas A&M, who got trounced by Cal, would've killed the Broncos, even on that blue field they got). Just the same, I'm already tired of hearing about how great Boise State is.

Idaho is a frightening state: just ask anyone who saw the Bachelor with that Aaron guy, when he had to deal with the crazy woman who had been crowned Miss Idaho. My own experience in that land is not much better; in fact it's worse... way worse.

I was flying out to Seattle, when our plane had to make an emergency landing in good ol' Boise. I had a ten hour delay. So I left the airport and made my way into the city.

The first bar I went to, a place called The Golden Potato, quite unnerved me as I walked in through the saloon doors. The country music stopped, and everyone in the bar turned and stared at me. I didn't get served there, and I wasn't very happy, so I went MacGyver on the place and cut their electricity.

That's when it happened. At the second bar, The Mashed Spud, I received better. I met a beautiful woman there, and she bought me a drink, and after the third sip, I woke up in a nasty hotel bed. I turned, and saw a set of dentures floating in a glass of water. I tried to get up, but my right arm was handcuffed to the bed post. The woman I met at the bar came back, and she told me all about how we were getting married.

Luckily the bed was so decrepit that I could snap the frame off, and I ran out into the street in only my boxers with a wooden post handcuffed to my wrist. I had three hours to make my flight. I stole crazy girl's beat-up pick-up truck, and sped away. It over heated a mile from my destination, and I had to walk that distance in the state I was in. If it hadn't been me, they wouldn't have let me on the plane. Luckily I am me.

No comments: