Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Why Budweiser Commercials Are so Dumb

A classified document from Budweiser world headquarters surfaced today, and it sheds some light on their really bad commercials. According to the files, the sampling process for their focus groups was skewed, which caused them to pick more men with sub-three digit IQs.

For anyone who's seen any commercials targeted toward men during any sporting event, the message is very clear: men are dumb. The advertising executive with his bushy goatee and blue or pink button-up shirt with the sleeves rolled up has a very low opinion of the men who watch sports but yet do not invest money in big brokerage firms. Now we know why.

I was telling Sir Ian McKellen this a few days ago when we were watching the Sox and Yanks on ESPN. He kind of ignored me while I was talking. Then the Bud Light commercial came on where these two meatheads play rock/paper/scissors for a beer, and one of the guys throws a real rock, which knocks the other one down. I shook my head and turned to Sir Ian, and he was laughing.

"I'm going to remember how funny that commercial was when I'm at a bar again, and I'll buy a Bud Light."

"Why don't you go make another X-Men movie?"

"Why don't you make me?"

No comments: