Sunday, June 17, 2007

Dice-K's 21 Strikeouts

I was sitting in my livingroom, eating some fresh, pan-seared scallops a guy a knew who worked on a boat smuggled for me that day, when Sir Ian McKellen burst into my apartment.

"You'll never believe the dream I had last night."

"Try me. We'll see what I will believe and what I won't."

"I had this dream that I was hanging out with some people, watching SportsCenter. They were reporting on Dice-K striking out 21 batters, which is some kind of a record, right?"

"Okay...?"

"Yeah, then Lauren from The Hills called me over. I was sitting on the floor and she wanted me to cuddle with her on the couch. When I got over to her, she licked my face. Can you believe it? What does it all mean?"

"I must say, my man, being the limey that you are, I'm rather impressed that you know the Major League record for strikeouts in a game is 20. I'd say the dream can mean only one thing."

"No, you can't be saying..."

"Yep: Road Trip!"

We rented a red convertible and drove down to Des Moines, Iowa.

No comments: