Thursday, June 7, 2007

Mads: No, Not My Antonella

It happened. They cut her. And with it, they cut my reason to watch American Idol. Sure, she may not have been as good a singer as some, but she was definitely better than that other chick that got through... I don't remember her name... you know who I'm talking about, the Latina... Christ, why can't I remember her name?

Anyway, I put in a call to my old buddy Simon, and he was a little annoyed with me for championing Antonella's cause.

"Yeah, but, Mads," he said. "She just can't sing. And this is a singing competition."

Oh is it? Apparently not. And if you're not going to put the best singer through, you might as well vote for the best looking chick. I've gone to bat for you quite a bit America: from SUVs to bad John Cougar Mellencamp jingles for inferior to import Chevrolets, even as far as the whole second term for Bush thing... but this not voting for my homegirl... this is too much.

No comments: