Tuesday, June 5, 2007

You've Been D-Listed

Since 1999, I have been a part of a secret tribunal that very few people know anything about. Today, I am here to give you a glimpse of this underground world. Myself, and five others (whose names I cannot give), decide whether or not celebrities are banished to the D-List.

When we're deciding on initial banishment for the celebrity in question, my services are needed in person at a small Chinese food restaurant in North Hollywood, where we decide on his or her fate. In cases of reinstatement to the C-List, I can usually get away with a yes or no over the phone.

One individual that I can tell you about simply due to the public nature of her D-Listing is Tara Reid. You may have seen the images on the Internet or on VH-1 of Miss Tara being denied access to a popular night club, while B-Lister Paris Hilton and her boy for that evening shot right through the doors. That's one of the cruel realities of D-Listing: we don't inform the person involved when the decision has been made. The hope is that he or she will be informed by an agent or whatnot; but as you see in cases like Tara, sometimes the message doesn't get there, or simply goes unheeded.

I can't tell you anymore about what we do for fear of being expelled from my position, but the next time you wonder where some of your favorite celebrities are, remember: they may have been D-Listed…

No comments: